Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thursday night hockey game

**Sorry these are the worst quality pictures-I have not mastered this digital camera yet.

I went to a Lokomotiv game tonight! (I said "I'm not going as a traitor-I'm going as a spy for my sister =) It was a fun time (in the VIP section, of course =). We ordered food, dessert, and hot tea at a bar, then found our seats and a waitress brought us our food.

Observations:

Very similar in look to Nashville.

No bands or intermission entertainment-everyone goes out for food and/or a smoke break

(Everyone!!! smokes here)

They do have a "drum line" that plays the "cheers" and like a "303" section (which is right in front of the drums) that cheer-everyone else pretty much sits there and is quiet, except when they score-everyone stands and cheers.

During the national anthem they raise their team scarfs above their heads-that was a sight.

They have dancers and separate cheerleaders.

The mascot is the "Yaroslavl bear".

Some fans blow "choo-choo train" whistles, but they sound more like duck calls =)

The sound system was overwhelmingly loud at the beginning-I guess I got used to it as it went on.

They don't show replays (that I noticed).

The fans cheer "Yar-o-sla-vl" and "Let's go" (in Russian)

They also play English-lyric songs that I'm pretty sure they don't know what the words are because some was probably inappropriate to be playing in a public place.

They play little "cartoony" things on the "jumbo-tron".

There is A LOT less fighting (none tonight).

Fans are more quiet during the actual playing (except when they score)

They don't taunt the other team.

The wives do not have a separate lounge, nor is their a kids' room.

The wives do not do any publicity or society events.

Those are my observations =)

We were fortunate to meet such nice (English-speaking) girls.

I also sat next to the coach's wife. She's Finnish, but also speaks Swedish and English.

I'm glad they warned me she'd be there so I didn't say something stupid! =)

No comments: