Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Around Krnov





2) Leopold Bauer- apparently an architect

**** 3) This is for my aunt, Dad, and Grandma- look at one of Krnov's "sister cities"
4) Yukon, Oklahoma!! (whatever "sister cities" means =)

We're having some nice weather this week.
Jill and I spent a little time in the "town center" this afternoon before picking up the kids.
It's a "pedestrians only" area with many cute shops-we discovered!
First, we went to the information center-which she had never been to, but now wants to show her parents. I bought some souvenirs and post cards and we picked up some info on the town in English (yea!) We saw a poster for "Romeo and Juliet" to be held at a theatre in town and Jill's interested in going. (Even though it will be in Czech-I said, "we'd probably understand just as much even if it was in the old English"). I told her when I'm at their house I forget I'm in a different country, but when I get out and about in the town I remember =)

After picking up the kids we spent a little time in the downstairs "cafe with a play section" area at the school building. When we went to the car we could hear a high school a cappella choir rehearsing-beautiful!

We invited one of the neighborhood children to come over and play outside while Jill prepared dinner. Again, I forgot about being in a different country and just marched up to the mom and rattled off my request and she said something about "Czeski??"....Oh yea....so I began again, slowly and with hand-motions and with like the two words I knew in Czech in my sentence =)

Jill and I are both thinking we might get to do another "field trip" on one of the kids now-expanded school days-cool!

p.s. R left today for Trinec-that's the team he'll be playing for. It's a couple of hours away. He actually played for them before, early in his career. Also, he got an offer from Finland today.....
I was preparing myself when Jill was telling me....but they both think "maybe next year" and that staying in Czech is the way to go for this year-shoo! (Not that I would mind going to Finland-they study English there and it's clean and well-kept, from what I hear-but they do have a brutal winter-yikes)

No comments: