We had a good drive back to Moscow. I was able to get some motion sickness medicine from the pharmacy section of the grocery store across the street-so that helped immensely! Olga came that morning to pick up all of our apartment stuff that R. had purchased. I told her what I needed and she wrote it down for me on a piece of paper that I was able to hand the pharmacist. An hour later one of the hockey guys came over to pick up the toys and kids things we weren't taking back with us. His wife and son had just arrived the previous day. She is an English speaker and we were looking forward to meeting her and having some play-dates. She was already really nervous about coming over to Russia (from Sweden).
I slept or dozed most of the four hour car ride. Fortunately R. had planned lots of extra time for us at the airport-because we needed all of it. First we ate at T.G.I. Friday's-It was sooo good. I had a cheeseburger and fries! Yum! (See, Hawkins hamburgers were a good choice for the final American meal). Then we took our bags to be scanned by "customs" then we waited in a not long, but very time consuming, line to check in. There was a mistake with our next flights out of Prague. R was scheduled for one and the rest of us for a much later flight. R showed the attendant on his phone/palm-pilot the correct information, but between three of them (workers) they could not get it straightened out! It took forever! And my final shopping for souvenirs in the awesome! shops at the airport ticked away to nothing! (I was really disappointed =( Oh well, nothing we could do. Plus, R. ended up needing all of my Russian cash to pay for extra fines for our over-the-limit bags (mostly his hockey stuff). We had to walk as fast as a seven month pregnant woman and a two and four year old can walk to get to our gate-which was the wrong gate, so we had to turn around and go back. We were probably the final ones to board the plane, after making it through security, but we made it.
The two hour flight seemed long, but I got a lot of reading done. (Still working on finishing Anna Karenina since I missed out on the last three weeks in Russia to finish it.) Everything was pretty smooth sailing in Prague and we took our last, hour flight to Ostrava. R's brother-in-law and father were there to greet us. They had brought two cars for us to drive back to Krnov. They informed us it was Ollie's name day! (He was sooo excited. They brought him a box of chocolates and he insists that he is the ONLY one who is going to get to eat them =).
We drove in the dark an hour to Krnov and arrived at about 10/10:30 pm-which in our Russian time is 12/12:30am. I went to bed at 11 (a.k.a. 1am) and awoke at 5am (7am) and went back to sleep till 8 (~10am). They said I could sleep in till noon today if I wanted =) and they told the kids they were not allowed out of the rooms until the parents came to get them (only to use the bathroom, then back to your room =). I'll get ready and go over to the big house and see how that plan went =)
I must say I was a little sad to leave Russia-not really sure why, but looking forward to the arrival of the twins (should be in two months)-and then it's two more weeks till "Christmas vacation"! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment