Then.....Oh my!... we went into a shop and after looking at some things I put my foot (barely!) on the edge of a chair near the door to tie my shoe and heard a lady yelling in Czech and saying "Hel-loo! Hel-loo!" angrily and I looked up and she was yelling and wagging her finger at me and looking at me like I was a criminal!! I guess they are SERIOUS about "outside shoes" being horrendously dirty and the cause of some great catastrophe here! Everyone does remove their shoes right when they enter a home and changes to slippers or "indoor shoes", but my goodness! It took me a long time to get over that-it was so awkward and then she followed me to the second story and watched me as I browsed!! ....Hello! to her!...
moving on......
Today the power was out from after we left the house at 1pm till 7:30 tonight! on the entire street. There was some generator out somewhere. We walked over to Koliba to try to get something for dinner there, but they had no power either and were expecting a band and party of 17 in an hour and a half! So we walked back home and had pb and j or pb and banana or, like me, pb and j and banana, by candlelight in the kitchen. We went to the store to buy some more candles, but by the time we got back the power was back on.
No comments:
Post a Comment