Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday in the Woods

Today is only the second time I've watched the kids alone; the first time it was only for Jill to take a shower. Today was only during their nap time while Jill was at the dentist, and Anna was there to help with some business and the pool cleaning man. I talked her into coaching me a little on my Czech. I had to change some things I'd already programmed in my brain that I learned from my "teach yourself Czech" cds-great! I know; please (prosim), yes (ano), no (ne), asking one person How are you? (Jak se mash), and more than one (Jak se mate). It was funny we were trying to have a conversation before this "teaching time" and she was going on and on and I had little clue what she was saying. It's sad too, because I want to be able to converse. I was praying, "Oh Lord, please help me to understand." =) What else? I know thank you (je qui) or thanks (diki or deeks) -p.s. I'm not spelling any of that correctly, just how I can remember how it sounds.

After naps the kids got on their helmets and bikes and we went on the same wooded path we had all hiked on before. We did a short hike too. Ollie is so sad that one house where he goes and plays (Ivo and Irena's) they are on vacation to Croatia (good beaches, I guess)-poor Anna said the only place she goes for vacation is "Nashville or Canada" meaning, wherever her son and grandkids are living. The other house he plays at the little boy has tonsillitis.

For dinner Anna brought over a yummy quiche. Tonight Jill and I broke into one of the American tv series set of DVDs we bought to take to Russia. We figured it'd be the one Radek would be least interested in-Desperate Housewives, ha!

Sometimes I forget I'm in a different place, I guess since mostly I'm with Jill and the kids and we're speaking and living "normally". When we go to the grocery store, etc. I notice more. One thing I'm having to get used to here; kids using the yard for their toilet and kids' nakedness and others being scantily clad and not thinking a thing about it. We went to Ivo and Irena's again before they left and her mother was there in , what I thought was, her bikini. Jill told me later it was her bra and underwear! Outside! In front of me-a new person! Today on my way back to the house with the kids we stopped to talk to the tonsillitis kid from across the street and his Dad came out in his underwear! to the street! while I was there! And thought nothing of it. I've also a noticed an old man who works out in his garden that we pass on most walks and he just wears a black speedo! Oh my. Want me to post any pictures of this? (j/k)

No comments: