Monday, August 24, 2009

"Monday, Monday"


I forgot to mention at the fair they were selling cookies nicely decorated with special messages on them. It's a customary thing to purchase such a cookie to give to a loved one (kind of like a valentine I guess, now that I think about it). And it's also customary never to eat the cookie, but save it for always.

Today-had the morning off. Did an online yoga video (aren't all my yoga buddies proud?) did a little reading, etc. Played outside this afternoon. Ate at Koliba restaurant. Sang about 20 songs to Kennedy-my children's songs are in high demand. (Her favorite is one I made up about "kitties"-which is what she loves to pretend to be all the time as she curls up in my lap-good news; there's no longer licking associated with this pretend play. Actually I partly stole the song from "Meet the Parents" when the Dad sings "Jinxie cat, Jinxie cat, I love you.." I just extended it to say "where are you? doodly-doo". Has a nice ring to it, don't you thing? =)

Jill worked like a mad-woman cleaning out and washing and folding and preparing baby stuff. She's compiling her list for our shopping trip on Friday. I helped her carry up the babies' crib to put in their room and some baby laundry.

Hmmm, that's about it for today. Pretty low-key.
No word yet on our papers for Russia...???....

No comments: