Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Civilian at Krnov







1) about half-way up to the church
2) the church
3)-5) the snail

Today I was in charge of the adventure. This morning we did some spontaneous "arts and crafts" after looking through a kid's magazine. Ollie made paper cows =) Kennedy practiced on her cutting skills by adding fringe to the edges of a piece of paper (whoopie!) and I colored a coloring page (aren't I perfect for kids? I love games, playing cards, playing with play dough, making sand castles, and coloring. These are activities I actually enjoy! =)

After naps we headed to the Civilian lookout tower and baroque church on top of a big hill near the house. I believe I counted 239 steps! The kids were total troopers! ...well, that is troopers about the steps and walking so much...we did have to stop several times on the way for Ollie to do an "attitude adjustment" (that's right Mom-I now use your "g.a." (good attitude) speech.) I refused to take another step with him until he could speak nicely and in control. We survived.

The kids did great just checking everything out. Kennedy wore her rain boots so she could wade through every single puddle we came across-and she did. All we did was climb the 239 stairs, look around the church, walk to the observation tower (we actually got there too late and it was closed) and headed back, but we were gone 2 1/2 hours! I have no idea how we did that, but it was great because upon arrival it was time for dinner.

M-W-F the kids go to school until noon. 1-3pm each day they have naps. I have all of this time off. Plus, Jill typically does breakfast, taking to school/picking up, and bath/bedtime on her own. Now, of course, that will change when we add two more to the mix =)

We're looking at a trip this weekend to Ostrava to get all necessary baby things. We want to have everything in place before we leave for Russia, so when we get back it'll be ready to go.

Oh yea, we also found a very large slug and snail. =)
Ciao!

No comments: