On to brighter things. After playing hop-scotch and an impromptu game of "Peter Pan shadow sherades" (that's the story we're currently reading at bedtime) we prepared to head out for the morning. p.s. It's amazing the children's games, songs, chants, etc. that you remember or come up with when you play with a 2 and 4 yr. old all day. =) We all went to another little town; Opava, to a shopping center. They have a little enclosed play area where you can conveniently "check your kids in" and "drop them off" to shop. Why haven't we thought of that? The kids were there for probably two hours and they had a blast. Jill and I got drinks at a coffee shop, chit-chatted, then did a little shopping. Some grocery items you could only find in this larger shop in the middle of the mall (~like a super-WalMart/Target). We picked up Parmesan cheese and lasagna noodles (two things you can only get there) to make a lasagna. We also got some more things/toys to keep the kids occupied in Russia and when the babies arrive. We're consciously practicing time that the kids are entertaining themselves and Jill's having to remind Ollie that I'm not here to be his playmate, but here to help "Mommy".
After lunch at the mall and naps at home we went to the Krnov community pool. It was packed (with some nude kids, again =). They had a very large pool with a foot bath (clean your feet off before entering the real pool) around the entire length. They also had a separate kiddie pool. Included at the outdoor complex was a soccer field, go-cart race track? (I think), sand volleyball court, playground, and a couple of food shacks. The kids swam all afternoon. It was freezing-seriously, like ice-cold-I-couldn't-feel-my-feet water. (This is an aside- No air conditioning here anywhere, but with windows open and fans on, it always feels fine. This are very warm temperatures we're having for this neck of the woods. Jill thinks I brought it with me from Nashville. We are sooo enjoying all the time we get to spend outside, and not taking it for granted!) (*I thought that was one word, but spell checker insists it's two.)
This evening we were about to head to prepare for bed when we suddenly heard a rousing of rendition of "I'm All Shook Up"! We decided to investigate (Ollie's new favorite word, I think) it for ourselves. It was coming from the nearby "Colipa" restaurant, but before we could make it to see if Elvis had left the building, we were greeted by Marsel and Eva-parents of the boy formerly with tonsillitis. They work daily? with an English tutor and speak about 80% English. They invited us in to their backyard, which was lovely. They have the nicest house we know of. They own a company that something to do with window sealant-go figure. I had an "aloe vera" (truly! it had actual pieces of the plant in it!) drink. Eva said it's full of anti-oxidants and is very healthy for me =) The kids played with their boy and girl and we chatted about this and that. They are very nice and enjoy practicing their English, I think. Eva has a handy-dandy device to look up translations of words quickly if she needs it. Jill says they know "everybody who's anybody". Speaking of, she's the one with the sister who has a male Norwegian friend coming to visit and wants us to "get together". Yes....that's right, beware, it's already happening here. (No worries-we all know how this typically turns out...Not being a self-defeatist, just realist....and self-protective =)
I must make myself go to bed earlier, but I do so enjoy this time to jot down the events of the day. At least I switched my "emailing/facebooking and such" to "nap time", so I'm not up later doing that-unless anyone wants to Skype me, then I'll stay up! =) Tomorrow Jill and I are headed off on an adventure to revisit the place/castle where she and Radek were married, so expect more good pictures to come! =)
Nochs, nochs!
No comments:
Post a Comment