Saturday, September 26, 2009

"It" doesn't mind






1) the museum we toured
2)-4) Masha, the town she-bear
5) This was a Friday and we saw several!! after-wedding pictures being taken. Someone told Jill they get married on a Friday so they have the whole weekend to "party". Oh my.



-says Ollie.


Yesterday was fun. R. had the day off. We went to a big grocery store across the river (near the zoo) and had lunch at their cafeteria there. After naps we went to ?the original site of the city? where we paid to see the town bear "Masha" (21 years old) and toured a "stuffed-previously alive" animals of this region museum. That was pretty cool. Then R. dropped off Jill and me to look around the open-air market. First, we didn't know exactly where we were going so we walked in and out of shops. There are some nice! ( I mean like $1,000 dresses) shops. Then we found the booth after booth at the market. I got some Russian souvenirs to share at Christmas-time- yea! and we walked through narrow lanes of booth after booth, mostly of boots! (never seen so many in one place-All the ladies wear boots and the higher-the-heel the better), and kids' winter hats, and coats. Then, we stumbled across the fresh fruit market-which was crazy! Not so much with the amount of people there, but the sellers are on elevated platforms and they yell at you their fabulous prices (in Russian) and offer you sample of this and that and don't leave you alone! (I'm the kind of person that I like to be greeted when I enter a store, because I think that's polite, but then I like to be left alone until I approach the sales person with a question. =) It was a little intimidating. I told Jill "don't make eye contact, just look straight ahead". We were just laughing. Also in the clothes market part this guy was trying to get us to stop and talk and wanted to ask where we were from, he was very pushy and he even (dared!) to touch my arm (those who know me know this can not turn out well) and I yelled "NYET!" at him! (that means "NO!") Ok, so you have to get to a certain comfort level with me-earn my trust?, that's just how it is =)

We had pizza for dinner at a restaurant and then went home to chill before beddie-bye.

No comments: