Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I saw snow falling on my way over to the little house tonight....

forecast says not till Wed. (and not even at 32 degrees)

This morning R. suspected something with our car so we went to his mother's house and picked up her car, which I drove, and went to Opava to have it looked at. R went on to hockey-town from there and I drove J and K back. I passed a car three times! Yes, I know we do that in America too, but I promise it is a different experience here.

O. starts hockey practice tomorrow- I hope he gets off to a good start so he'll be excited about it!

K. and I had a little "nail salon" experience today. She came out with cute hot pink finger and toenails and I came out with drowned-in-lavender finger and toenails =) We also got on the Disney princess web site. She was amazed when the princesses introduced themselves and then we listened to some online stories and did some "interacting" with the princesses. It was a hit!

I have to take a pict. of our "fall decor" we did. Their turkeys are sooo cute =)

Also, Kennedy is really getting into wanting to join in on O's "big boy school time". She sits beside us and writes/scribbles on a piece of notebook paper and tells us whose name and what letter she's "writing". When I drilled O. on his letters and sounds she did them too, right along with him! She also sings along to our "vowels have two sounds" and "spelling color words" songs. =)
O. is a natural when it comes to distinguishing initial sounds in words and he can come up with examples on his own. It's so exciting (this is teacher talk, I realize) when we're just out and about in our day and he pops up with "car battery! car starts with c or maybe k and battery starts with b!" Ah.......

No comments: