Today is the day to get everything done on the "to-do" list t be completed 24 hrs. before the babies arrive home.
K. and I have been washing, drying (clothes and dishes), ironing, making beds, getting groceries, and putting up the "Welcome Home" sign we made this week.
Just have to finish up the laundry and sterilize all the bottles, etc. and pacifiers now.
We can do it!
Last night K and I proclaimed "Girls Night, Girls Night" and we had a little dance we did with it-because Grandma picked up O. after coming over and hearing his cough and he spent the night with her. We just found out she's going to keep him another day and determine if he should go to the dr.'s on Monday. I'm afraid he might have developed bronchitis. He had a scratchy throat/hoarse voice and stayed home from school and hockey this Thurs/Fri, then it got a little sore (? we think? It's hard to tell-we don't always get a straight story from him), then a cough on Fri that sounded phlemy, but yesterday sounded dry like bronchitis. Boy, I hope not. I have a feeling Grandma didn't think I was taking as good of care of him as she would-but I might be reading into that-but I did all I knew to do; rubbed Mentholatum on his chest, made him sleep, made him get a little fresh air every day, gave him his vitamins and cough medicine, made him eat oranges for extra vit. C and eat hot meals and I made lots of hot tea with honey and lemon and hot chocolate. That's my defense, and I think it's a good one.
Or she may just want to keep him away from K. or keep the house germ free for a couple of days before the twins arrive.
I saw good quality picts. of them last night- they are soooooo cute!! I can't believe how PERFECT and good-lookin' they looked just two min. after birth when the picts. were taken- I guess that's one difference in c-section and natural birth?
I've talked to Jill a little via text and on the phone. She sounds exhausted and totally ready to come home. She gets very little visitors since everyone knows she only speaks English and she's not left her room in five days! ugh and she says it's difficult to take care of both of them on her own- she's really forward to my extra help- and I"m ready to lend it. Also I can't wait for a fellow No. American so I can rehash some going-ons. She says they're "very well behaved" though =)
Well, work to do-
Plan, so far, tomorrow is kids stay home from school and at nap time R. will go to pick up the other three and bring them home. Oh boy! (and girl! =) J. has an ultra sound? today and then the dr. will say for certain when she can be dismissed from the hospital.
Here we go! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment