Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's a winter wonderland!

(Jon M., you should have come back with me- We have the 4 s 's; snowing, sledding, skiing, snowboarding =)

I'd say there's about ~5 in. of snow so far.

It was a great return. The kids were excited to see me and excited to open their Christmas gifts. We're looking forward to Ollie's bday this weekend. Andrea and her family will come to visit too. I can't wait to see little Ella next to the twins. They're at 6 wks and she's at 8 and I saw a pict. of her and she has filled out! So cute. The babies are just as sweet as ever. I wondered if they'd look different to me and indeed I feel like Maya's lost the "red" in her complexion and Cameron's lost the "tan" look to his. (Plus, Maya's lost some hair-she looks like a typical balding man =)

I'm doing well on switching time schedules- it doesn't affect you so much, I guess?, when you're getting up every few hours and napping in between when you can. Now the babies eat about every 4 hours in the day and 4 or 5 at night. So, last night we did 9pm, 1am, 5am, and 9am.
....better......

Jill's mom raised the level of "expectations"- She would keep one baby and Jill the other all night, and it really allowed Jill to get much more sleep, of course-so we're not as concerned about keeping them on the same schedule and we're going to try the one baby each routine tonight. I'll have a play pen in my room and will sleep on the fold-out couch, unless I think they're really down for the count, then I'll trek the stairs up to my bed in the loft.

Miss all you Nashville friends
(and my family =) .......it was indeed a bit difficult to return-but I'm sure the next three months will go by relatively quickly and we'll be sailing (or flying =) towards America again before we know it. (In fact, I discussed with Jill that if R's not ready to come home -because of team obligations- when I need to come home, we could just go together with the kids...and she's even thinking we might leave O with grandma and daddy to make it easier on us. It would only be for a maximum of two weeks, probably.)

Well, that's the story- Ciao

p.s. I ordered two roasted chickens today at the grocery store ALL IN CZECH! =)

No comments: