Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm a little sad at the moment.....

everyone is gone to little cousin's hockey game. I'm here with (so far) sleeping Maya, but I got the night off last night because we had company this weekend and they needed my room so I slept back in my old loft and Jill had the twins to herself. That was nice. Maya got a "C" from me the night before, but usually they are both very good at night. Cousin Ella (5 weeks older) is soooo much bigger than C and M are! Wo. I can't imagine holding/carrying that big of a baby around all the time. Maybe we won't-maybe they'll play on the floor more by then. Jill and I keep talking about when we get to go back to Nashville and making plans. I will help out this summer, but I requested "hours/a schedule" so not to have to be there 24/7-which will be possible because Daddy will be there too (at least by end of April). I don't know-they have sooo much to figure out before they come back for the next hockey season I kind of don't see how they can really afford to leave, but we'll see. We're trying, also, to think of ideas for a nanny for them for next year...maybe from the Nashville nanny agency or an agency in Prague? or friends of their nephews? or someone his sister might know?? or his mom? or someone who might help out at the kids' current school???....we don't know. (but it won't be me =) and they know this. Radek's brother in law was trying to figure me out last night. Why I don't have a "job" and can't get a teaching job. He said he couldn't certainly and quickly get me one here. Yuck-it dredges up old feelings and disappointments...yuck.....I will have to think about all of this again when I return and quickly! Where to live......where to work....organize for church's kids worship....help friend pre-delivery/help with twins and Kennedy.....friend's wedding.....have to buy a car....do my taxes.....and I'll have about two weeks to figure all of this out- great.....

11 weeks to go



Yesterday was nice having aunt, uncle, cousins, grandma and sisters and husbands and son with wife and little girl all over to the house. Lots of food and talk in Czech (I just sit there trying to figure out at least the topic of their conversation =) Oh, little Kennedy is speaking more and more in Czech. She's really come a long way just in the past couple of weeks.

We stopped using pacifiers at night. (Do you know the Canadians call them "soothers"? Isn't that nicer? Instead of "shutting up your baby" (pacifying them) you are soothing them. =)
It's sooo much better-you don't have to get up 5 times to pop it back in their mouth after they loose it and wake up because of it. We still use them during the day though.

Did I say Cameron loves singing? One night he was so fusy and I thought I would loose my mind and I was callin' on Jesus and started singing "Amazing Grace" and he quieted down, so then I started in on every Christmas carol I could think of. That's my new tactic when they are fusy at night (like if after a bottle they don't do "A"-worthy behavior which is immediately fall back asleep, but instead have to cry before they will go to sleep) then I turn on the ole i-pod and it just (calms me down) and drowns out their screams a bit-I guess gives me something else to focus on. It's great. (Remember that new moms =)

Kids have new playroom in computer room. It's much nicer and gives them a whole room to play in and store their toys. They each have a box for "their" toys and one "community" box, a table and chairs, a shelf of arts and crafts supplies, three book boxes, a stack of school materials, two stuffed animal bins (I am not a fan of stuffed animals-p.s.), a race track, a carpet to sit and play on, and an art easel. Ollie can use the computer too. We can play music through it also. It's nice.

Kids got to go sledding yesterday afternoon. Their uncle took them. Ollie got rollerblades for Christmas present from aunt and uncle. He LOVES them. He will use them downstairs where he practices hockey.

Oh- peeps are back, time to go.

No comments: